Sunday, October 21, 2012

Falling in Love with Fall

Have you ever just looked up into the sky on a clear autumn night? 
      Autumn is my favorite season. I love everything about it. Bonfires, leaf piles, pumpkin spice lattes, Halloween, Thanksgiving, chilly weather, sweaters, family time, hayrides, reds and oranges. All of these things remind me of why I love this time of year. If you take everything good about every other season and mushed it into one, you'd still not get as much as autumn has. It's really not fair.  It's also not fair that every other season seems to last four times longer than autumn. I'm starting to think that's why they call it fall. It's like winter is excruciatingly long and spring just springs right into summer and summer is soooo moist, really, that it really seems to "stick" with ya if you know what I mean. But then autumn gets here and it just FALLS, plummets, even into winter and the whole horrible cycle begins again. I guess there's a plus to fall being short. If it were as long as all of the other seasons feel, I'd probably get tired of it too. So in a way, it's a blessing. God works in mysterious ways. The other night I was driving home and it was dark and chilly outside but I was really determined to have my sunroof down, and I the song below came on the radio. As I listened to it I glanced up through the sunroof at the breathtaking autumn night. As leaves fall to the ground by day my eyes drift to the sky by night. The stars? They're beautiful. Like diamonds in the sky. 
Rihanna- Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment